By following the links from this page you should be able to obtain
all necessary documentation on JavaCC. In addition to these links
there is also some useful documentation available externally.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact
us. We recommend the following step by step process to learning
- Go through the simple examples that are available as part of
the Java Compiler Compiler release. This is located under the
"examples" directory in a directory called "examples". Read the
file "README" (may also be accessed by
clicking here) in this directory for complete instructions.
- Go through the tree building examples (that use JJTree) that
are also available as part of the Java Compiler Compiler release.
This is located under the "examples" directory in a directory
called "JJTreeExamples". Read the file "README"
(may also be accessed by clicking here) in this directory
for complete instructions.
- Study the description of the Java
Compiler Compiler grammar file (click here). This provides
the complete syntax of the grammar file along with a detailed
description of these constructs.
- Click here to see the document
that describes the command line input syntax.
- The JavaCC API routines are
a bunch of classes, methods, and variables which may be accessed
from user code (typically from actions
- the java_block in the syntax).
- Click here to get to the JJTree documentation.
- Click here to get to the JJDoc documentation.
- Detailed Java Compiler Compiler documentation is organized
as a set of minitutorials, each on a separate topic.
The following minitutorials are currently available: