Java Developers Kit 1.1.8
Date of last revision: 05/01/2002
The Java Developers Kit (JDK) contains a compiler and an interpreter for Java programs.
Java Developers Kit 1.1.8 help index:
- JDK 1.1.8 is available on all HP Unix workstations.
- JDK 1.1.8 is available on Sun workstations running Solaris 2.6 or later.
- JDK 1.1.8 is not available on Linux workstations, but 1.1.7 is available instead using the setup steps for 1.1.8.
- Sun workstations have a version of Java installed with the operating systems. Be sure to perform the setup actions to make sure you're accessing the correct version of JDK.
Java Developers Kit 1.1.8 uses standard setup scripts. You must type
to use this application. If you want to run this version
of the software even if other versions are available,
jdk-1.1.8 instead of
See "helpme setup" for
information on finding out what versions are available or
what to do if the
setup statement does not
Running Java Developers Kit 1.1.8
For a Java class named "myclass" save your code in a file named
javac myclass.java" to compile your code into the class file
java myclass" to run your program.
- JFC/Swing 1.1.1 is now automatically set up when you set up for JDK. In the past, Swing required additional setup steps.
- There are usually several versions of JDK available. Use the command "
app_versions jdk" to see which are installed.
Other Information Resources
Other Topics of Interest