SCU Design Center Available Print Queues
Date of last revision: 5/25/2001
- General notes
- Some print queues do not normally accept print requests. If you need to use one of these, please see the Lab Monitor.
- Click here to see the current status of all print queues.
- All printers are located in the Mechanical Engineering building, room 608.
- Unless otherwise noted, queues are available on all Design Center systems.
- Some print queues have alternate names. This is usually because either two queues have been combined or for some reason a queue has been renamed. You are strongly encouraged to use the main name, because the obsolete alternate names will usually only be supported for one academic quarter.
- Information on individual devices
laser (alternate names: text, dm1, ljtext)
laser is the proper queue to use for black-and-white PostScript or text files.
The laser queue is served by two printers, optra and hplaser. You can use these names to print to a specific printer if you so desire.
color (alternate name: djet)
color is a color inkjet printer. We ask that you do not use this printer for black-and-white output.
Please see the Lab Monitor if you wish to use this print queue.
plotter is an HP DesignJet 755 inkjet plotter which supports large (up to 36" wide) paper.
Click here to see other printing information.
Click here to go to the Helpme menu.